Easy Peasy Cake Mix Cookies

 I wanted to surpise the boys with a special treat after school on Friday. Normally this would have been their Valentine's party but with Covid they were not allowed to do Valentine's exchanges at school and no treats for a party. They had a wonderful day anyways with virtual Valentine's exchanges and some special activities and then came home to a delightful treat! 


There are a ton of cake mix cookie recipes out there and for my first attempt I have to say I was impressed at how quick and easy they were, not to mention economical since I had previously grabbed the cake mix on sale for just 99cents. Can't wait to try some more variations!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1 box of cake mix 


Do not follow the directions on the box. Instead mix dry cake
mix with 2 large eggs and 1/2 cup of oil in a bowl. I didn't use a mixer just combined by hand. I then chilled the dough for a bit in the fridge before making 1 inch balls. For some I rolled the balls in icing sugar, for others I topped with red sprinkles before placing on a parchment lined or baking mat cookie sheet.



 Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes in a 350 degree farenheit oven. Let cookies sit for 4-5  minutes before removing from the tray. And that's it! Easy peasy!


No comments:

Post a Comment