Recipes: Slow Cooker BBQ Roast Beef Sandwiches

I have become SO in ♥ with my slow cooker! I used to use it occasionally and it often went for months sitting in my cupboard one of those forgotten about gadgets. Now that I've given my head a good shake I've been experimenting with my slow cooker on a much more frequent basis. Not only does it save me time and yield great results its certainly a MONEY SAVER as well.

This week roasts are on for a great price at Loblaws and I managed to find 2 under the $5 mark each (when does that ever happen). My hubby specifically asked for shredded roast beef sandwiches which I paired with a green salad for a quick, easy, nutritious and cheap meal (with leftovers)!
  • 1 roast
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • OR sprinkle roast with your favourite mixed seasoning (I used the Clubhouse Pepper Mix)
  •  your fav. bbq sauce
  1. Place roast into slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder, and season with salt and pepper. Pour barbeque sauce over meat until its covered (about 1/2cup). Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
  2. Remove meat from slow cooker, shred, and return to slow cooker. Add a bit more bbq sauce. Cook for 1 more hour. Serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. Nice recipe. Unfortunately, I'm cooking bad :(.
    But my friend recommended me a site funny cooking book
    I always check out this website before making food.
    Sorry for my English. It's my third language.
    http://www.funnycookingbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will find all of the recipes on Kawartha Bargains helpful. I try and keep them super simple. Thanks for sharing one of the sites you like with us. Do you have a favourite book or recipe from there?

    ReplyDelete