How to Organize Your Coupons

Hopefully by now you have started to grow your coupon collection. Still thinking about how to get started? Be sure to stop by this post. Now its time to get organized! There are several methods for organizing coupons so use what you think would work best for you.
Envelopes: Great for beginners and inexpensive. Just organize your coupons into a series of white envelopes according to whatever categories work for you. Write the category on the front and you are ready to go!
Coupon Organizer: You can purchase a plastic accordian style organizer from most dollar stores or school supply shops or a fabulous handmade organizer such as the one pictured above (thanks to my pal Sylvia at Delmart Creations). I personally love these organizers. They keep all of my coupons in one place and I can organize them with labelled cards into categories. I also found when I started couponing that I might be a little shy about pulling out my organizer in a store (I have long since got over that) and this stylish organizer helped me feel a little less conspicuous. 
Coupon Binder: For the super-couponer. Take a 3 ring binder and fill it with baseball card inserts. The inserts will serve as spots to hold your coupons and you can insert dividers to organize into categories of your liking. I think I may soon need to upgrade to a binder myself.

Category Examples for organizing your coupons:
  • Dry Goods (could be broken down further into baking supplies, pasta, canned goods, etc)
  • Frozen Foods
  • Fruits/Vegetables
  • Meats/Proteins
  • Dairy
  • Beverages
  • Snacks
  • Toiletries
  • Cleaning Supplies
  • Paper Products (such as facial tissues, toilet paper and paper towels)
  • Baby supplies
  • Misc.

No comments:

Post a Comment