I used to think the Shoppers Drugmart was just for old ladies but they have plenty of great deals on everything from bath and beauty to pain relievers to grocery staples. When I have a couple of extra dollars I go in and buy a gift card (say $10 one week $10 the next, etc.) so that when a special event comes up (such as earn 20x the points when you spend $50 or more) I don't feel strapped to meet the minimum dollar amount. PLUS you get points on Shoppers Drugmart gift cards when you buy them AND when you redeem! BONUS! If you don't already have one get your Optimum card, best part is...it's FREE to signup!
Here's how Shoppers Optimum works: For every $1 you spend you receive 10 Shoppers Optimum points. When you reach a certain reward level you can redeem your points for money off of your purchase. Here are the basic redemption levels:
- 8,000 = $10 off your purchase
- 22,000 = $30 off your purchase
- 38,000 = $60 off your purchase
- 50,000 = $85 off your purchase
- 95,000 = $170 off your purchase
- 50,000 points = $100 off your purchase (an extra $15!)
- 95,000 points = $200 off your purchase (an extra $30!)
How to earn Optimum points faster:
- Buy a Shoppers Drugmart giftcard to pay for your purchases
- Shop on bonus points days (such as a 20x event. Usually it is something like earn 20x the Shoppers Optimum points when you spend $50 or more) or like next week when you get 8,000 Optimum points when you spend $50 or more.
- Look for bonus point coupons/products. Certain coupons and/or products can give you bonus points on them. While many are listed on the website there are often in store specials that you only find by keeping a keen eye out while you shop!
Total Savings Day 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8= $1952/year
***Today's assignment: Take some time today to learn about your favourite rewards program and think about how you can maximize your rewards points. Perhaps its as easy as switching to that store for some of your grocery staples (when they are on sale of course!)